Fire Door Inspection Scheme (FDIS)
A joint venture between the BWF-Certifire Scheme and the Guild of Architectural Ironmongers (GAI)
Launched in 2012, FDIS is Europe’s first fire door inspection scheme. We aim to transform people's knowledge about how and why fire doors work and the potential dangers of getting it wrong.
FDIS seeks to:
- Help improve safety and save lives through our online training programme and resources
- Give expert advice to help property owners and building managers meet their fire door safety legal obligations
- Provide a vital resource to help the ‘responsible person’ complete fire risk assessments for the premises they manage
- Raise awareness of defective fire doors and the potentially tragic consequences of leaving these unchecked
- A unique online learning centre leading to a Diploma in Fire Doors
- A route for diploma holders to become Certificated Fire Door Inspectors through independent assessment by Exova Warrington fire.
- Access to local FDIS Certificated Fire Door Inspectors who can provide the most comprehensive and highest standard of inspection in the UK and Ireland. They can pin-point exactly where any upgrades or remedial works are required therefore avoiding excessive and unnecessary spending.
Upon successful completion of the FDIS Diploma, candidates can use the designation DipFD after their name, display the FDIS Supporter Logo, and apply to become an FDIS Certificated Inspector.
Scheduling FDIS Diploma Examination
First–time exam takers must create a Pearson VUE web account. Bookings may be made up to 48 hours in advance of examination date.
After you schedule your examination, Pearson VUE will send you a confirmation listing your test date, time, the address and phone number of the test centre, and directions to the test centre.
Please ensure you have been appointed the correct examination.
Two forms of personal identification must be taken to the examination centre. (One piece must be photo identification.)