Client waiver process
The process to sit for an exam with a waived test has changed. Licensees who are required to only take the STATE PORTION of the license exam, will need to follow this process. You must complete the required form before scheduling your exam and receive notification that your Client Waiver has been applied successfully. Failure to do so will require that you take both the GENERAL and STATE portions of the Montana Insurance exam. The Test Center Administrator will not be able to apply a Client Waiver for you at the test center.
Steps to complete
Please choose one of the following options:
- If you have not already done so, create a candidate PROFILE via the Pearson VUE website
- Complete the Client Waiver Request (Word® Document)
Email, fax or mail the completed Client Waiver Request Form and any the required supporting documents to Pearson VUE.
Example, for a Non-Resident licensed in another state, you will need to submit a copy of your current license from your home state.
- Pearson VUE will review and validate your Client Waiver request against the state’s policies. If you meet the requirements, Pearson VUE will send you an email confirmation that the Client Waiver has been applied.
- After you receive the email confirmation, you may schedule your appointment online or contact Pearson VUE.
- If the Client Waiver is denied, Pearson VUE will send you an email that will contain information recommending next steps.
How to submit the Client Waiver Request Form
- Email the Client Waiver Request Form and any required supporting documentation to: PearsonVUEWaiversRequests@pearson.com
- You can also fax or mail your request and documentation, but doing this will result in a lengthier wait-time for your approval:
- Fax: 1-952-516-5473
- Mailing address:
Client Waivers Request
5601 Green Valley Drive
Bloomington MN 55437
If you have any further questions, please check out our Client waiver process FAQs.