Client waiver process
Candidates that qualify for an exemption from taking the GENERAL part of the Utah Real Estate exam must receive an exam waiver from the Utah Division of Real Estate:
Utah Division of Real Estate
Heber Wells Building
160 East 300 South (second floor)
PO Box 146711
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-6711
Candidates who are licensed in another state may only be required to take the STATE PORTION of the Utah Real Estate exam, but will need to follow this process.
Steps to complete
- Request waiver from the Utah Division of Real Estate.
- If you have not already done so, create a candidate PROFILE via the Pearson VUE website
- Complete the Client Waiver Request document provided by the Utah Division of Real Estate
Email, fax or mail the completed Client Waiver Request Form AND supporting documentation to Pearson VUE.
- Pearson VUE will send you an email confirmation that the Client Waiver has been applied.
- After you receive the email confirmation, you may schedule your appointment online or contact Pearson VUE.
How to submit the Client Waiver Request Form
- Email the Client Waiver Request Form and supporting documentation to: PearsonVUEWaiversRequests@pearson.com
- You can also fax or mail your request, but doing this will result in a lengthier wait-time for your waiver to be applied:
- Fax: 1-952-516-5473
- Mailing address:
Client Waivers Request
5601 Green Valley Drive
Bloomington MN 55437
- Questions: 1-800-274-2602
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: You must have an existing PROFILE (or create a PROFILE) prior to submitting the required Client Waiver Request form and BEFORE scheduling your exam. You should not schedule your exam until you receive notification that your Client Waiver has been applied successfully. Failure to do so will require that you take both the GENERAL and STATE portions of the Utah Real Estate Exam. The Test Center Administrator will not be able to apply a Client Waiver at the test center and waivers cannot be issued or applied retroactively.