How can my organization become an authorized test center?
It’s easy to join the Pearson VUE® Authorized Test Center network if you meet basic requirements. You’ll find an application, technical specifications and instructions available from the Test Center home page.
How long is the application process?
Sites that have fulfilled all technical and facility requirements and have submitted the required documents, photos, and agreements in a timely manner, can have their application approved in as little as one month.
How much does it cost?
There is no cost for the site to become an authorized test center. Pearson VUE provides the software and technical support services free of charge to your site. However, sites must meet minimum technical requirements, which includes the computer equipment as well as the Enhanced Security Protocol (ESP) kit.
What is the ESP kit?
The ESP kit contains two digital cameras and a digital signature pad. The kit can be purchased from Pearson VUE for $450 or sites can purchase the equipment on their own, per the technical requirements.
What is the process for purchasing the ESP kit from Pearson VUE?
Can we use laptops in our test center?
Technical requirements do not allow the use of laptops in our test centers. Refer to the technical requirements for more information.
Must the test center be dedicated to Pearson VUE testing?
When a Pearson VUE test session is in progress, the room must be dedicated to Pearson VUE testing. Any other time the room can be used for other purposes.
Will a technician come to visit me to install the software?
No, our technicians will not visit your site. However, they are available by phone to support all aspects of your installation.
Which exams are available to authorized test centers?
To view the list of exams now available to authorized test centers, visit the Deliver these exams page.
We have just been approved as an authorized test center. What happens next?
- Your site is provided with a Site ID, username, and password to access ServiceDirect and the VUE Support System.
- Our Support Services team will assist your technical support person to complete the software installation.
- At the same time, your Test Administrator (TA) can access self-study training materials to prepare for TA Certification and pre-activation steps.
- Your site will then be activated for Pearson VUE test delivery.
- More questions? Read the FAQs for current test centers.