1. How do I find the landing page for my testing program?
- Go to the Test Taker home page or click "For Test Takers" at the top of any page on this website.
- Under "Start here: select your program" type your program name or its acronym.
- When you get a match, click on the program name to be taken to your program's landing page.
2. How do I contact Pearson VUE customer service?
Pearson VUE customer service can be reached by chat, phone, or email. To ensure you speak with the correct customer service representative, follow these steps:
- Click “Contact Us” at the top of any web page. From there select the Test Taker customer service page (or click this link).
- Enter the name of your testing program into the provided search bar and select the corresponding option when it appears. This will bring you to the correct, available contact information for your program’s reservation and scheduling team.
3. How do I create an account?
- Go to your testing program landing page (see FAQ #1).
- Click "Create An Account."
- Follow the step-by-step instructions. You will be asked to provide basic demographic information (an email address is always required), along with any other information deemed important by your program.
- If you are asked to provide your Candidate ID number while creating an account, you may require pre-authorization from your testing program. If you do not have this ID number, contact your testing program to inquire how to receive it. A link to any program’s appropriate contact information is provided on its landing page (see FAQ #1). Once authorization is granted and you have your ID, you may create your account by repeating the steps above and entering the ID number when asked for it. This will connect your Pearson VUE profile to the profile created by your testing program during authorization.
4. How do I schedule, reschedule or cancel an exam online?
- Go to your testing program landing page (see FAQ #1).
- Click "Sign In." Enter your username and password.
- You will encounter a page similar to the one below:
- To schedule:
- Choose an exam beneath the “Exam Catalog” section of your home page (boxed in green above).
- Fill out any testing details required by your program. These questions vary by exam and program, and some do not have any.
- Then, choose a location. You may select up to three locations at a time to switch between during the next step.
- Finally, choose a date and time from the availabilities listed.
- To reschedule or cancel, select an exam listed under the "Upcoming Appointments" section of your home page (boxed in blue above) for instructions.
- Some programs charge fees for rescheduling and/or cancelling an exam. To determine if there is a fee to reschedule or cancel your exam, check your appointment confirmation email.
- The deadline to reschedule or cancel an appointment will vary by testing program. To determine the policy for your exam and testing program, check your appointment confirmation email.
- Your profile will reflect the updated appointment and you will receive an email confirming any changes. If your new appointment (or changes) is not reflected online, contact customer service (see FAQ #2) to confirm your appointment.
5. How do I update personal information on my account?
- Go to your testing program landing page (see FAQ #1).
- Click "Sign In."
- Enter your username and password.
- Click on "My Profile" (under the “My Account” menu).
- If your program allows you to edit your account information, you will see an "Edit" option to the right of the information you wish to change.
- For security reasons, some fields may need to be updated by Pearson VUE or by your testing program.
- If you are unable to update your personal information online, you will receive a message regarding who to contact to update your information.
6. If I have an issue at the test center, how is it reported and how long does it take to resolve?
If you have an issue at the test center, make sure to inform the Testing Administrator while you are there and, if possible, while the issue is happening so that it may be correctly documented.
- The Test Center Administrator will file a case.
- Most cases typically take between 3 - 5 business days to be investigated and processed. However, the Testing Administrator may indicate that you should reach out to a customer service agent sooner. Typically this is due to details regarding your situation that the Testing Administrator has been able to document, such as technical difficulties or emergencies. While we do encourage you to call sooner than later if guided by a Testing Administrator, we cannot promise that the case will be able to be solved sooner than 3 - 5 business days.
- You will be contacted via email or phone within the 3-5 day window the issue has been resolved.
- After 5 business days, if you have not received notification that the incident has been resolved, please contact Customer Service (see FAQ #2).
7. I think I have multiple accounts. Can I have them merged?
We can merge duplicate accounts for most testing programs. To request a merge:
- Contact customer service (see FAQ #2) for your next steps as these steps can vary greatly from one testing/ program to another. Please note that account merges can only be done by phone and not via live chat support or email.
- If Pearson VUE is unable to merge your duplicate accounts, you will be directed to contact your respective testing program and provided the appropriate contact information by the agent.
8. My account has a block. How do I get it removed?
To remove a block on your account:
- Contact customer service (see FAQ #2).
- A customer service agent will then identify the needed steps based on the nature of the block and advise accordingly.
9. How much will my exam cost?
- The cost of an exam varies by testing program, exam type and sometimes region.
- If Pearson VUE collects an exam fee, it can be determined by:
- Logging into your Pearson VUE testing program account.
- Selecting the exam you are interested in under the ‘Exam Catalog’ (boxed in green above) on your home page. The next page will include exam details, including the cost of any fees due at the time of scheduling.
- Please note that Pearson VUE does not have access to or records of fees collected directly by your testing program. We only have access to fees collected through Pearson VUE.
10. I lost my appointment confirmation or payment receipt. How do I get another?
- If you lose access to your Payment Receipt, you may reaccess it by selecting ‘My Receipts’ (boxed in red above) on your home page. You may also contact customer service (see FAQ #2) to have it emailed to you. Only the candidate may request this be sent. We cannot resend Payment Receipts for or to third parties for security reasons.
- If you lose access to your Exam Confirmation you may contact customer service (see FAQ #2) to have it emailed to you. Only the candidate may request this be sent. We cannot resend Exam Confirmations for or to third parties for security reasons.
11. What payment methods are available?
- If authorization is required by your testing program, typically you will pay your fee to the testing program at the time of registration.
- If no pre-authorization is required, you must pay the exam fee at the time of scheduling. Payment may be made with a Visa, American Express or MasterCard debit/credit card.
- Pre-paid vouchers may be used for some examinations in place of or in conjunction with other forms of payment. Some testing candidates receive vouchers from their school or employer. For many testing programs, vouchers may be purchased at the Pearson VUE Voucher Store. Vouchers:
- Expire one year from the date they are issued.
- May be limited to a specific type of exam.
- Are non-refundable and non-extendable.
- Candidates testing within some sanctioned and restricted countries will be unable to submit credit card payment online or through customer service (see FAQ #2). If this is the case, contact a test center directly to inquire about paying for your appointment using other methods of payment.
12. If my exam requires authorization, how long is the authorization period? Am I able to extend or transfer my authorization period?
- Exam authorizations are controlled by your testing program and may vary in length depending on its policies. Most testing programs send an email or letter notifying you of the authorization. This communication will include the eligibility dates of your exam authorization.
- The Pearson VUE website will prevent you from accidentally scheduling outside of your authorization eligibility window.
- To inquire about extending or transferring your authorization, contact your testing program. Pearson VUE is unable to make changes to exam authorizations.
13. How do I get my score report? What if I lost it or need a duplicate?
- While Pearson VUE handles scheduling on the behalf of your program, the nature of how you will receive you score report after your exam is determined by your testing program. If your testing program offers a candidate handbook, which can be found on the testing program’s Pearson VUE landing page, it will typically have information regarding the duplicate score report process for your program.
- Many, but not all, testing programs provide a preliminary score report at the test center immediately after your exam.
- Some programs choose to mail your results to you directly. This can sometimes take a number of weeks to process, depending on your program.
- Some testing programs allow you to view and print additional score reports from your Pearson VUE account. Typically these are available within an hour of exam completion, but may take up to 48 hours.
- If online score reports are not available for your testing program, check your candidate handbook (if your program provides one) or contact customer service (see FAQ #2) for your next steps in requesting a duplicate score report. If Pearson VUE is authorized by your program to send a duplicate score report, it will be sent via email, and take 3-5 business days to receive once the request is submitted.
- If Pearson VUE hasn’t been authorized by your testing program to send a duplicate score report, you will be directed to contact your testing program for the next appropriate steps and be provided the appropriate contact information.
14. I’m taking my exam at home using Pearson’s ‘Online Proctored’ solution, but I can’t start because I’m receiving an error message.
- If you are getting the following error message: “'Example’.exe is not allowed to run during the administration of the exam” or “‘example’.dmg is not allowed while running BrowserLock,” this means that you are not allowed to start your exam while ‘example.exe’ is running on your computer.
- For example, if the violating application is chrome.exe, ensure that all chrome.exe applications and processes are closed in your Task Manager (Windows) or Activity Monitor (Mac).
15. I’m taking my exam at home using Pearson’s ‘Online Proctored’ solution, but I can’t start because there is no ‘Begin Exam’ button.
- Candidates may start their exam 30 minutes before their appointment time and up to 15 minutes after their appointment time. The ‘Begin Exam’ button will only appear during this time. The appointment time can be found in your confirmation email or web account on PearsonVUE.com.
16. I’m taking my exam at home using Pearson’s ‘Online Proctored’ solution and waiting for a Proctor. When should I expect to hear from them?
- First make sure you are starting in the right place. From your web account, you should click ‘Begin Exam’ and run the pvproctor application.
- If you have successfully run the application and completed the self check-in, you should be on a page that says, “You are Ready for Launch!” Please be patient.
- If you are not contacted by a proctor within 10 minutes, something may be wrong and you should reach out to us for assistance through chat or phone available via your test program's customer service page (see FAQ #2).
- Be sure to double check your connectivity and make sure you are taking your exam from the same location where you passed your system check.