Testing is coordinated through Arbet Consulting, Inc. (ACI).
The American Board of Dermatology (ABD) is one of 24 medical specialty boards that make up the American Board of Medical Specialties. The ABD was incorporated in 1932 to elevate and maintain the standards of this specialty. The mission of the ABD is to serve the public by setting high standards for dermatologists to earn and maintain Board certification. The American Board of Dermatology is a voluntary, non-profit, private, autonomous organization formed for the primary purpose of protecting the public interest by establishing and maintaining high standards of training, education and qualifications of physicians rendering care in dermatology. The objective of all of its activities is to provide assurance that a diplomate of the Board possesses and maintains the knowledge and skills essential for the provision of superior, specialized care to patients with cutaneous diseases.
2018 Exam Dates
Online Practice Exam (for 2nd and 3rd Year Dermatology Residents)
Delivery dates: March 1-30
Your program requested, in advance, how you will take the exam. Please choose the appropriate exam administration method:
- At the institution via Anywhere Proctored.
- In a private, secure location, using a webcam-equipped computer, via Online Proctored (aka Remote Proctor).
Basic Exam (for 1st Year Dermatology Residents)
Delivery date: April 12
- Candidates take the exam at their institution via Anywhere Proctored. Create an account.
MOC/Recertification Examination (for diplomates of the ABD)
Spring delivery dates: April 1 - May 31
Fall delivery dates: September 1 - October 31
Candidates take the exam one of two ways:
- At a Pearson VUE Professional Center. Create an account and schedule an appointment.
- In a private, secure location, using a webcam-equipped computer, via Online Proctored (aka Remote Proctor). Create an account and schedule an appointment.
ABD Pediatric Dermatology Certification Examination (for diplomates of the ABD seeking subspecialty certification in Pediatric Dermatology)
Delivery date: October 12