As a direct result of state and county social distancing guidelines, testing appointment availability has been substantially reduced at sites across the US, with most Pearson VUE sites operating at 50% capacity or less. Additionally, test center site capacity continues to fluctuate as guidelines are further modified at the state and county level, and as Pearson VUE extends testing hours where this is possible. In light of the situation, the Department of Testing Services (DTS) recommends the following:
- Candidates should schedule their testing appointments as soon as possible to avoid delays in testing.
- Candidates who have already scheduled appointments may wish to revisit their scheduling periodically to see if an earlier appointment may be available, as Pearson VUE adjusts to meet the demand.
- Candidates whose six-month eligibility window is about to expire are invited to contact DTS at firstname.lastname@example.org if they are experiencing scheduling issues.
- Candidates experiencing general difficulties obtaining an NBDHE testing appointment are welcome to contact DTS at email@example.com.
- When reaching out to DTS, candidates should make sure to include their DENTPIN, preferred testing location (including city and state), and the date range in which they are trying to take the exam.