ARRT Examinations and Assessments
The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) is the world’s largest credentialing organization that seeks to ensure high quality patient care in radiologic technology.
Before scheduling an examination appointment, you must have already:
- Paid your exam fee.
- Received your Candidate Status Report (CSR), which notifies you of your eligibility to sit for the exam; and
- Verified the information on the CSR is accurate.
ARRT Structured Self Assessments (SSA)
Before scheduling an assessment, you must have already:
- Signed the agreement at the beginning of the CQR process;
- Completed your Professional Profile; and
- Reviewed the SSA Conduct and Environment Requirements
First-time test-takers must create a Pearson VUE account. Please note that account creation may require up to 24 hours. You will be notified by email when your account is activated.
When creating your account and scheduling your exam or SSA:
- Have your ARRT ID number available.
- If the name/address information you originally provided is no longer accurate, you must resolve discrepancies with ARRT or your state licensing agency before scheduling your appointment.
- If you’re scheduling your SSA, decide if you’re taking it at a Pearson VUE test center or using the online-proctored option.
- Appointments can be made as few as one business day in advance.
After you schedule your exam or SSA:
Pearson VUE will send an email confirmation listing your appointment date and time, and the address, phone number, and directions to your Pearson VUE test center.
- Candidates for ARRT certification or state licensure: Contact ARRT at 651-687-0048. Select the option for earning an ARRT credential or state license.
- Individuals scheduling an SSA: Contact ARRT at 651-687-0048 and select the option for CQR.