The American Society for Nondestructive Testing, Inc. (ASNT)
The American Society for Nondestructive Testing, Inc. (ASNT) is the world’s largest technical society for nondestructive testing (NDT) professionals. Through our organization and membership, we provide a forum for exchange of NDT technical information; NDT educational materials and programs; and standards and services for the qualification and certification of NDT personnel. ASNT promotes the discipline of NDT as a profession and facilitates NDT research and technology applications.
NDT is the process of testing, inspecting, and evaluating materials, components or assemblies for discontinuities, or differences in characteristics without destroying the serviceability of the part or system. In other words, when the inspection or test is completed the part can still be used.
For nearly half a century, ASNT certification has been the standard for the nondestructive testing (NDT) industry. ASNT’s certification process has improved the quality of the profession, and provided an accepted means for members to demonstrate they have met the requirements of the industry. For employers, ASNT certification is an impartial validation of the competence of NDT personnel in the field.
ASNT offers four certification programs.
- ASNT NDT Level III
- ASNT Central Certification Program (ACCP)
- ASNT NDT Level II
- Industrial Radiography and Radiation Safety Personnel (IRRSP) - Computer-based Testing availability coming March 2017
If you have not submitted your examination application or paid your examination payment in full please visit www.asnt.org/certification to complete the process.
Schedule Your Examination
You may schedule with Pearson VUE online or by phone. Before scheduling your examination, you must have already:
- Submitted your examination application for certification through ASNT
- Paid your examination payment in full
- Been notified by ASNT that your application has been processed and approved
- Been notified by Pearson VUE that you are authorized to schedule your examination
When you receive your Authorization to Test email, carefully review the information to ensure it is accurate. If any of the information is incorrect, or if the information has changed, please contact the ASNT International Service Center at 1.614.274.6003.
All ASNT exams are administered in written US English. There are five languages available in the online exam dictionary. They are Arabic, Korean, Mandarin, Spanish and British English. The translation provided represents the single most common usage of the word and we do not guarantee that each translation given will match the intended usage in context of the ASNT certification exam.
- First-time test takers must create a Pearson VUE web account.
- When creating your account and scheduling your exam, you will need your ASNT ID number. This ID number is located in the eligibility email sent by ASNT after your exam application was processed.
- Returning test takers, please sign in.
Scheduling an exam by phone:
After you schedule your exam, Pearson VUE will send a confirmation email listing your exam date, exam time, along with the address and directions to the Pearson VUE Testing Center.
On Exam Day
- Arrive at the test center 30 minutes prior to your scheduled exam time to check in.
- Present valid identification – Two valid forms of ID are required to sit for the exam.
- Pearson VUE test center staff will match the name on your ID to the name in their system (your name as it appears within your ASNT Account). The name on your ID must match. Refer to ASNT’s Computer Based Testing FAQs for exceptions. If your ASNT account name doesn’t match your ID’s, please contact ASNT at least 72 hours prior to the exam in order to get your record updated.
- Each candidate will be required to take a photo prior to beginning the exam.