Beginning 10/12/20, candidates who have received an authorization notice may begin scheduling for their CRCPD exam at the time and test center of their choosing. Please purchase vouchers for CRCPD exams using this link.
The Conference of Radiation Control Program Directors (CRCPD) is a nonprofit non-governmental professional organization dedicated to radiation protection. CRCPD offers special programs and services to assist State and local radiation control programs, and provides a common forum for the exchange of information among states and local radiation control programs.
Additionally, CRCPD develops guidance for state certification of industrial radiographers. At present, the certification exam is offered for eight participating states; AL, GA, IL, IA, LA, ME, OK and TX.
CRCPD offers three certification exams.
- Combo RAM and XRAY
If you have not submitted your examination application, please visit https://www.crcpd.org/ to complete the process
Examination scheduling information
You may schedule with Pearson VUE online or by phone. Before scheduling your examination, you must have already submitted your examination application for certification with CRCPD.
Once you have been authorized to test by CRCPD, you will receive a notification that lists your Candidate ID as well as the window of time in which you can test (60 days). You can create your profile with Pearson VUE after receiving this letter and through this profile, you can schedule your exam and access your result information.
- First-time test takers must create a Pearson VUE web account.
- When creating your account and scheduling your exam, you will need your CRCPD ID number. This ID number is located in the eligibility email sent by Pearson VUE after your authorization from CRCPD was received.
- Returning test takers, please sign in.
Scheduling an exam by phone:
After you schedule your exam, Pearson VUE will send a confirmation email listing your exam date, exam time, along with the address and directions to the Pearson VUE Testing Center.
On Exam Day
- Arrive at the test center 30 minutes prior to your scheduled exam time to check in.
- Present valid identification – A valid form of ID is required to sit for the exam. This ID must include your photo, signature and cannot be expired.
- Pearson VUE test center staff will match the name on your ID to the name in their system (your name as it appears within your CRCPD Account). Please VERIFY that you have created your web account with your LEGAL name as it appears on your government-issued ID and that your personal information is CORRECT. The name on your ID must match. If it does not, you could be turned away.
- Contact Pearson VUE immediately to correct the spelling of your name or update your personal information if you notice any errors.
- Each candidate will be required to take a photo prior to beginning the exam.
Appointments may be made up to one calendar day prior to the day you wish to test, subject to availability. You may schedule your exam online or over the phone by contacting customer service.