Conference of Radiation Control Program Directors
Please access the ATT letter resend request form to have your authorization-to-test letter resent.
The Conference of Radiation Control Program Directors (CRCPD) is a nonprofit non-governmental professional organization dedicated to radiation protection. CRCPD offers special programs and services to assist State and local radiation control programs, and provides a common forum for the exchange of information among states and local radiation control programs.
Additionally, CRCPD develops guidance for state certification of industrial radiographers. At present, the certification exam is offered for eight participating states; AL, GA, IL, IA, LA, ME, OK and TX.
CRCPD offers three certification exams.
- Combo RAM and XRAY
If you have not submitted your examination application, please visit www.crcpd.org/ to complete the process
Examination scheduling information
You may schedule with Pearson VUE online or by phone. Before scheduling your examination, you must have already submitted your examination application for certification with CRCPD.
Once you have been authorized to test by CRCPD, you will receive a notification that lists your Candidate ID as well as the window of time in which you can test (60 days). You can create your profile with Pearson VUE after receiving this letter and through this profile, you can schedule your exam and access your result information.
- First-time test takers must create a Pearson VUE web account.
- When creating your account and scheduling your exam, you will need your CRCPD ID number. This ID number is located in the eligibility email sent by Pearson VUE after your authorization from CRCPD was received.
- Returning test takers, please sign in.
Scheduling an exam by phone:
After you schedule your exam, Pearson VUE will send a confirmation email listing your exam date, exam time, along with the address and directions to the Pearson VUE Testing Center.
On Exam Day
- Arrive at the test center 30 minutes prior to your scheduled exam time to check in.
- Present valid identification – A valid form of ID is required to sit for the exam. This ID must include your photo, signature and cannot be expired.
- Pearson VUE test center staff will match the name on your ID to the name in their system (your name as it appears within your CRCPD Account). Please VERIFY that you have created your web account with your LEGAL name as it appears on your government-issued ID and that your personal information is CORRECT. The name on your ID must match. If it does not, you could be turned away.
- Contact Pearson VUE immediately to correct the spelling of your name or update your personal information if you notice any errors.
- Each candidate will be required to take a photo prior to beginning the exam.
Appointments may be made up to one calendar day prior to the day you wish to test, subject to availability. You may schedule your exam online or over the phone by contacting customer service.
Candidates who are late or absent from an exam may call Pearson VUE within 14 days of the exam date to request an excused absence for the following reasons:
- Illness of the candidate or of the candidate's immediate family member
- Death in their immediate family
- Disabling traffic accident
- Court appearance or jury duty
- Military duty
- Weather emergency
A case number will be assigned and instruction provided for emailing supporting documentation. Candidates absent from or late to an exam who have not changed or canceled the reservation according to the Change/Cancel Policy will not be admitted to the exam and will forfeit the exam fee. The decision of Pearson VUE to approve or deny the excused absence will be final.