Certified Manager of Commercial Properties (CMCP)
Take your CMCP exam
Take your CMCP exam conveniently from home through OnVUE online proctoring. A live proctor will monitor you through the webcam on your workstation to provide a secure exam experience.
Watch the short video on the CMCP online proctoring page to see how convenient it is to test from home or work. Be sure to run the system test before you sign in to register for an online proctored exam. Good luck!
Scheduling Your CMCP Exam
Congratulations on qualifying for the CMCP certification exam. To schedule your seat time, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Create an account using your CMCP ID number.
(Note that even if you already have an account through BOMI International, you will need to create a separate CMCP account.)
- CLICK the Create account button.
- ENTER your first name, last name, and CMCP ID (where it says BOMI ID).
- CLICK Next.
- CREATE a username and password.
- Sign into your account using your new username and password.
You are now at your personalized Pearson VUE/CMCP homepage. If you’ve already scheduled an exam, this is where it would be listed.
- Click on the Pre-Approved Exam “CEX-0101.01: Certified Manager of Commercial Properties (CMCP)”
You are now at the Exam Details page. From here you can view testing policies, view your eligibility period, or…
- CLICK the Schedule this Exam button.
You are now at the Test Center Search page, where you can search for test centers near you.
- SELECT your preferred testing method, either online or at a testing center.
- SELECT the appointment time and location (if applicable) that works best.
- Verify that all information is correct, and click Submit Order.
You are now on the My Order page, and can click the Proceed to Checkout button to confirm your selection.
Registering for your test early will give you the most scheduling options. You must register with Pearson VUE at least one business day prior to your desired test date. After you schedule your test, Pearson VUE will send a confirmation letter listing your test date and time, the address and phone number of the test center, and directions to the test center.
The Certified Manager of Commercial Properties (CMCP) designation has been established through a collaboration between BOMA International and BOMI Certification, Inc. The purpose is to map out a complete career path from an early career property professional all the way to industry leadership. We do this through the development of certification programs that validate a candidate’s knowledge, skills, and abilities. Since BOMA International and BOMI have joined forces in early 2023, the CMCP designation program has been managed by BOMA International.
For more information on CMCP and for resources to help you better understand what to expect when you take the exam, visit www.creci.org or email email@example.com
The Certified Manager of Commercial Properties (CMCP) certification is the first program offered by BOMA International. It is a career designation certification for every commercial real estate (CRE) individual who seeks to advance their career and grow professionally. This is the only certification of its kind for the commercial real estate industry and anyone may qualify with as little as one year of work experience!
Some of the benefits of earning CMCP certification are:
- Instantly communicates your ability to be an effective commercial property manager with a strong understanding of the responsibilities of the role
- Offers recognition early in your career and increases your value to your company and the industry
- Signals to employers you have the potential to advance and grow in your career and can navigate the fast-changing world of commercial real estate
- Boosts confidence by validating your knowledge of fundamental commercial real estate operations and management principles
- May increase your chances for promotion and/or additional responsibilities and opportunities