Get certified from your home or office
Take your NCP (ECCHO) exam conveniently from home through OnVUE online proctoring. A live proctor will monitor you through the webcam on your workstation to provide a secure exam experience.
Watch the short video on the HumRRO online proctoring page to see how convenient it is to test from home or work. Be sure to run the system test before you sign in to register for an online proctored exam. Good luck!
Earning the National Check Professional (NCP) credential from ECCHO signifies a level of expertise and a commitment to continuing education and professional development. The NCP credential by your name distinguishes you as a leader in your field. Check payments professionals that earn the NCP are the recognized check payments experts.
Attaining the NCP certification is the beginning of a commitment to continued education and professional growth. The NCPC program examination is a three-hour, 120-question multiple-choice exam with no scheduled breaks. It is administered by ECCHO and delivered in coordination with Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO) and Pearson VUE. The exam contains questions related to four knowledge domains of check payments, including:
- Rules, Laws, and Regulations
- Fraud and Risk Mitigation
- Check Operations
- Check Products
Candidates that sit for the NCPC program examination must follow these steps:
- Step 1: Have the recommended minimum two years of experience in the financial services industry and a desire to learn more about check payments.
- Step 2: Prepare for the Examination through study of recommended topics and review of related reference materials.
- Step 3: Register for the Examination with ECCHO and pay the examination fees.
- Step 4: Make an appointment at a Pearson Vue Test Center or schedule a time to take your exam at home using OnVUE online proctoring. Note: Appointments may be made up to one calendar day prior to the date a candidate wishes to test, subject to availability. For more information about testing with OnVUE, see the link to the HumRRO online proctoring page.
Examination Scheduling Information
Following Examination registration with ECCHO, candidates receive a confirmation email from ECCHO with a unique candidate ID (ECCHO ID) that is required to schedule an examination appointment. In addition to the ECCHO ID, this email communication includes detailed instructions for scheduling the examination appointment. Scheduling for the 2022 Exam will be available on February 7, 2022.
Whether testing at a Test Center or from home, be prepared to show one current government-issued identification such as a driver’s license or passport. This must be a photo identification with a signature. The name on this identification must exactly match the name used for the Pearson VUE appointment process. ECCHO must be notified immediately to correct inaccurate spelling of a candidate’s name or incorrect personal information. If a candidate’s name does not match the name on the candidate’s government-issued ID, the candidate may be denied the opportunity to test for security reasons and may forfeit their examination fee.
Testing at Pearson VUE Test Centers
In order to view the available Test Center locations for your specific exam, please sign into your Pearson VUE account. As you proceed through the scheduling process you will be able to see the locations that are available to deliver your exam.
On the date of your examination, plan to arrive 30 minutes before the scheduled appointment to allow time for all Test Center sign-in procedures. Bring a copy of the email from Pearson VUE confirming the appointment location, date and time and have your ECCHO ID available. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for the exam appointment, you may be refused admission and forfeit fees.
Testing from Your Home or Office
ECCHO is offering live, online proctored testing for NCPC candidates through Pearson VUE’s online delivery system, OnVUE.
The Examination can be delivered from almost any location via OnVUE; however, there are very specific requirements that your workstation, room, and computer must meet before and during testing. A live proctor will monitor you through the webcam on your computer to provide a secure exam experience.
Before selecting online proctoring as your preferred test delivery method, be sure to take the following steps:
- Watch the short video on the HumRRO online proctoring page to see how it works.
- Review the detailed policies and procedures, ID requirements, exam rules, and FAQs.
- Run the system test and exam simulation to ensure that your computer and operating system are compatible with the OnVUE requirements.
Once you’ve reviewed this information and decided OnVUE is right for you, sign in to your Pearson VUE account to schedule a time to take the exam from your home or office.
Study Resources – Exam Registrants
NCPC Program Administration
3710 Rawlins Street; Suite 1075
Dallas, Texas 75219