Ericsson Technical Certification Program (ETCP)
Ericsson Academy sponsors the Ericsson Technical Certification Program (ETCP), an ICT industry standard certification program that gives measurable recognition within diverse areas of technical competence.
ETCP includes entry-level product agnostic technology exams as well as certification tracks with three defined levels of technical competence: Associate, Professional, and Expert.
Updated Exams Announcement
The following exams have new versions available for testing:
- Ericsson Certified Associate – IP Networking (ECP-206)
- Ericsson Certified Associate – 5G RAN (ECP-402)
- Ericsson Certified Associate – Ericsson 5G Core (ECP-412)
- Ericsson Certified Professional – VoLTE End-to-End (ECP-733)
New Exam Announcement
The following new exams are now available for testing:
- Ericsson Certified Associate - Data Science (ECP-451)
- Ericsson Certified Associate – Orchestration (ECP-421)
- Ericsson Certified Associate – CENX (ECP-431)
- Ericsson Certified Associate – Swap and Modernization, NRO & NDO Services (ECP-441)
- Ericsson Certified Professional – vEPC (ECP-821)
- Ericsson Certified Professional – Ericsson 5G Cloud Unified Data Management, Policy Control and Exposure (ECP-831)
- Ericsson Certified Professional – 5G Packet Core and Policy (ECP-841)
Target Audience for ETCP
At present ETCP is designed primarily to meet the needs of Ericsson employees, although in some cases certain exams and exam tracks are made available to external candidates. Ericsson is currently evaluating the development of a comprehensive certification program for customers, partners, and university students.
The primary target audience for ETCP is technical engineers and solution architects who directly or indirectly support one or more of the following: Technical Sales, Design, Configuration, Integration, Operation and Support, or related activities. Others in a technical function who are required to have a solid understanding of the Ericsson portfolio and underlying technologies may also benefit from earning ETCP certification.
Exam Delivery Methods
Ericsson currently supports exam delivery through three mechanisms:
- The preferred way of taking exams for Ericsson employees is through internal Ericsson Certification Days (ECDs). Learn more about the Ericsson Certification Days (ECDs) process.
- All exam candidates may take their exams through Pearson VUE’s worldwide network of testing centers.
- OnVUE online proctoring gives you the opportunity to take an exam almost wherever and whenever, while being watched by a remote invigilator through your webcam. Read more about OnVUE to learn about the process and decide if this option is right for you. Note that writing utensils and paper are not allowed during OnVUE exams, but you will have the option to use the inbuilt whiteboard feature while taking the exam online.
Note: There are some restrictions to which countries OnVUE exams are allowed. OnVUE exams are allowed in all geographies, except the following countries: Slovenia, China, Japan, and embargoed countries (North Korea, Cuba, Syria, Sudan, and Iran).
If you are uncomfortable with any of these requirements, we recommend you schedule an in-person exam at either an ECD or a Pearson VUE Test Center.
Exam Security and Candidate Agreement
Ericsson takes the security of its certification exams seriously and requires all candidates to accept the terms of a Candidate Agreement. By accepting these agreements, candidates agree to the terms and conditions of ETCP, by maintaining the confidentiality of the content of all exams.
For more information about the program and certification offerings, internal exam candidates can visit the ETCP website (Ericsson employees only at this time).