FTCE Pilot Testing
The Evaluation Systems group of Pearson is seeking candidates who meet the qualifications indicated below to participate in a pilot test of items that may appear on future Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE) test forms. Pilot test participants will receive incentives upon verification of participation.
Advantages of Participating
- For each test form completed, participants will receive a $75 check (mailed to the address provided)
- Respond to items that may appear on future versions of the test forms
- Gain practical testing experience
Examinees will receive compensation upon verification of satisfactory participation (defined as a completed test form with at least 25% of items answered correctly). Examinees will be required to complete a W-9 form prior to receiving compensation, are responsible for any applicable taxes, and should allow 10-12 weeks for processing after the pilot testing period ends.
Who Is Eligible To Participate?
- Educator preparation students in the fields of Music K-12 (Registration Code PTFL028) and Speech-Language Impaired K-12 (Registration Code PTFL042).
- Recent examinees in these fields (0-3 years)
- Recently certified educators in these fields (0-3 years)
- Note: College and university faculty are NOT eligible to participate in the pilot test
Each pilot test includes approximately 90 multiple-choice questions. Pilot test sessions are two hours and fifteen minutes in length. Eligible candidates may register for up to two sessions. The second registration can only be scheduled after the first pilot test session is completed (consecutive pilot test appointments are not available).
Because information from the pilot test will only be used to evaluate the test items, score information will not be provided. Pilot test results will be analyzed as group data only and will be kept confidential. No information that could identify a particular individual will be released.
Pilot testing begins June 14, 2022 (registration is open NOW).
After you schedule a pilot test appointment, Pearson VUE will email you a confirmation listing your test date and testing time, the address and phone number of your test center, and directions to the test center. If you are unable to keep the appointment, please cancel at least 24 hours before the scheduled test time. For more information about participating in the pilot test, please contact the FTCE program at ES-FTCE@pearson.com.