Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC)
The Evaluation Systems group of Pearson is conducting a field test of multiple-choice items that may appear on future test forms for the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) tests.
Eligibility requirements for participation
To be eligible to participate in the field test, you must meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements:
- You are currently a junior or senior enrolled in an educator preparation program who will be seeking an educator certification in one of the fields listed, OR
- You are recently certified in the specific field, OR
- You are registered for a future administration of the MTTC tests currently being field tested.
Educator preparation faculty are not eligible to participate in the field test.
Current Field Test Opportunities:
- MTTC Emotional Impairment (select PTMI116 when scheduling)
Advantages of Participating
You will have the opportunity to view and respond to multiple-choice questions that may appear on future test forms for the MTTC tests. Upon completion of a field test form, you will be offered a choice between a $75.00 MTTC test voucher that may be applied towards future MTTC testing fees or a $50.00 Barnes & Noble eGift card. Test vouchers are non-transferable and expire 1 year from the date of issue. Incentives are issued upon verification of the *acceptable completion of each test form. Incentives will be distributed approximately 4-6 weeks following the close of the field testing window.
Other advantages of field test participation include:
- providing input into the test that will be taken by future educators,
- gauging professional knowledge by taking actual test items, and
- gaining practical testing experience.
* To be eligible for an incentive, participants must be qualified in the specific field for which they are taking a field test and they must complete the field test as instructed (pilot test participants must complete 75% of MCQ items). You may choose only one incentive per test session and may take up to two (2) field tests. Additional incentive requests beyond two (2) field-test sessions will not be honored.
Each field test consists of approximately 50 multiple-choice questions and is administered during a 90-minute test session. Approximately 20 minutes of the session is dedicated to the presentation of a computer-based testing tutorial and a short survey.
Eligible participants may complete up to two (2) field test forms. The second registration can only be scheduled after the first field test session is completed (consecutive field-test appointments are not available). Field test results will be analyzed as group data only and will be kept confidential. Score information will not be provided to participants or institutions.
If you have any questions about this field test, please email ES-MTTC@pearson.com.
MTTC field testing begins February 5, 2020. You may schedule an appointment starting January 22, 2020.
After you schedule a field test appointment, Pearson VUE will email you a confirmation listing your test date, your testing time, the address and phone number of your test center, and directions to the test center.
If you are unable to keep a field test appointment, please cancel at least 24 hours before the scheduled test time.