Q. Where do I go to schedule my exam?
A. Sign in to your web account to schedule your exam. After you’ve selected the exam you want to take, choose the “home or office” option. Follow the remaining prompts to complete the scheduling process. Once you have successfully scheduled your exam appointment, you will be sent a confirmation email that will provide you with your appointment details and important things to know for your exam.
Q. How to I reschedule my exam?
A. To access or modify your scheduled exam:
- Click on Schedule Exam next to your scheduled exam
- On the next screen, click on Certification Home to view any upcoming exams
- Select your exam to be able to see your options to reschedule, cancel, or begin testing, for additional support, contact the Pearson VUE customer support team.
Q. Is my workspace okay for testing?
A. Please ensure that your desktop is clean and that you are not within arm’s reach of books, notepads, sticky notes, papers, pens, pencils, and other writing instruments/objects. Additional monitors and computers must be unplugged and turned off. Items on the wall with writing on them, such as whiteboards, will be inspected.
Q. What type of identification will I be required to present?
A. You are required to present a current government-issued ID. The name on your ID must match the name in your web account profile and in your appointment confirmation email.
Acceptable forms of identification include: driver’s license, military ID, identification card (national/state/province identity card), alien registration card (green card, permanent resident, visa), and government-issued local language ID (not in roman characters and accepted only if issued by the country in which you are testing).
Minors who are under the age of 18 are permitted to present a valid student ID as a form of identification. A minor’s guardian must also present a valid ID and provide verbal consent during the check-in process.
Q. How do I check in for my test on exam day?
A. You will be able to start checking in for your exam 30 minutes ahead of your scheduled appointment time. To start, click the “Sign in” button on this page to sign in to your web account.
- The exam you are scheduled to take will appear once you log in to your account under “Open Online Exams.” Select the exam link and then select “Begin exam.”
Important: if the “Begin exam” button is not visible, you are either too early or too late for your exam. Please check your appointment details to make sure you’re trying to start at the proper time.
- You will be asked to download OnVUE, the online proctoring software, if you haven’t before. Follow the prompts in the application to complete the required check-in steps.
- Have your acceptable identification available so that the proctor can verify your identity.
- Shut down any non‐essential applications such as email, chat, Facebook, and Skype.
- You will be placed in a queue and connected with the next available proctor to begin your exam.
- The check-in process takes approximately 15 minutes for candidates who have previously completed a system test.
- Being late is not an option. To allow time for the check-in procedure, please be ready when the check-in window opens 30 minutes before the exam start time.
Q. What are the exam rules on personal belongings?
- During the exam, you may not access the following types of personal items: mobile phones, headphones or headsets (wired or bluetooth), handheld computers or other electronic devices, pagers, watches, wallets, purses, hats (or other head coverings), bags, coats, books, notes, or any other materials not specifically approved.
- During the exam session, you are not allowed to use exam-specific materials or scratch paper, erasable whiteboards, or any other physical writing object, such as a pen, marker, or pencil.
- Watches must be removed and placed out of sight/reach during the exam.
- During your OnVUE exam, you may have the option to use a built-in digital whiteboard feature to do scratch work or take notes. Physical scratch paper or note boards are not allowed when taking an OnVUE exam. Learn more »
Q. Can I eat, drink or take a break during the exam?
A. If your exam is long and includes a scheduled break, wait until you see the specific scheduled break message during your exam. At that time, you may leave your desk to use the restroom.
If your exam does not include a scheduled break, breaks are not allowed during the exam for any reason. If you leave your computer during your exam the proctor will end your session and you will be unable to continue testing.
Water in a clear glass is allowed during testing; however, eating, smoking, and chewing gum are prohibited.
Q. How can I request special accommodations?
A. If you need special accommodations to take your exam, please request accommodations and get approval before scheduling your exam.
Some accommodations (such as extra time or larger fonts) can be provided easily and automatically. Other accommodations may require a testing center that’s properly equipped with the right resources or personnel, click here to learn more.