Florida DBPR Electrical
This page contains specific information about testing for a Florida DBPR Electrical license.
Register for your next exam, find test information, or download handbooks/applications/forms from this page.
Cancellation / Rescheduling policy
To cancel or reschedule a test without any penalty it needs to be done two full calendar days before the test.
|Appointment is scheduled for:
||Cancellation / Reschedule deadline
|Monday - anytime
||The Friday before – anytime up to midnight on Friday
|Tuesday - anytime
||The Saturday before – anytime up to midnight on Saturday
|Wednesday - anytime
||The Sunday – anytime up to midnight on Sunday
|Thursday - anytime
||The Monday – anytime up to midnight Monday
|Friday - anytime
||The Tuesday – anytime up to midnight Tuesday
|Saturday - anytime
||The Wednesday – anytime up to midnight Wednesday
|Sunday - anytime
||The Thursday – anytime up to midnight Thursday
* Based on a start of week as Sunday.
Candidates can cancel and reschedule using the web (self-service) up to midnight two full calendar days prior to their tests and incur no penalty for late cancellation or reschedule.
If candidates are calling Customer Services to cancel or reschedule on their behalf, please note the customer service hours below:
Monday–Friday, 7:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m. CT, Saturday, 7:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. CT, and Sunday, 9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m. CT; closed on local holidays
To schedule a fingerprint reservation, please contact Pearson’s third party vendor, IDEMIA.
Schedule your exam reservation first, then contact IDEMIA and schedule your fingerprint reservation as close to the start time of your examination as possible. It does not need to be the exact same time. As long as you make your fingerprint reservation, the testing center will be able to process your prints when you arrive for your exam.
Helpful Tips for making your fingerprint reservation:
- Be sure to select the correct license type when making your fingerprint reservations to avoid delays in receiving your results.
- Have your credit card available if you will be paying by credit card
- If you are paying be e-check you must allow 3 business days (Monday-Friday) in between the date you are making the appointment and the actual date of appointment. This will allow sufficient time for the payment portion to clear.
- Please have access to a calendar for ease in referencing dates of your availability.
- It is helpful to have a pen and paper handy to jot down your confirmation number and the date/time/location of your appointment.
- When you arrive at the test center for your fingerprint appointment, please have the confirmation number you received during the fingerprint reservation process.
- If you want to be fingerprinted at the same time on the same day as your exam appointment we urge you to make your fingerprint appointment at the same time as right after you make your exam appointment.