Learn more about testing for Essential Services in the U.S. and Canada during COVID-19. See FAQs »
Learn more about Pearson VUE test delivery during COVID-19.
IOS (Industrial/Organizational Solutions) is a human resources consulting firm and test publisher that specializes in personnel selection for public safety agencies. Specifically, IOS develops, validates and implements entry-level and promotional tests and assessments. IOS provides an array of tailored consulting services and off-the-shelf examination options. IOS has been providing personnel selection consulting services since 1997 and is incorporated under the laws of the state of Illinois.
IOS’ REACH™ Program
In partnership with Pearson VUE, IOS’ REACH™ program allows public safety agencies to recruit and hire candidates anywhere in the county. Agencies signed up for this service allow their candidates the ability to test at their convenience at any Pearson VUE center.
How do I take a Test?
Before scheduling your IOS examination with Pearson VUE, you must first register with IOS. IOS’ REACH™ program through Pearson is available only for participating client agencies. Once you have registered with IOS, you will receive an email notification from IOS detailing the steps that are required to schedule and take a test for a given REACH agency.
If you are interested to see if the public safety agency you wish to apply to utilizes testing with IOS and Pearson, and is part of the IOS REACH program, please visit http://recruitment.iosolutions.com/Online-Job-Applications/REACH-Program/
If you don’t see your agency listed, feel free to contact them to let them know of your interest in IOS’ REACH program and national testing through IOS and Pearson VUE.
Approved applicants who are testing through Pearson will receive an email from IOS detailing the steps they need to take in order to schedule their test. This email will include an applicant’s candidate ID, which is required to log into the Pearson VUE system to register. If you are an approved applicant and you either lost or did not receive this email, please contact IOS at email@example.com, with “REACH Program Inquiry” as the subject.
Appointments made with Pearson VUE may be made up to 24 hours in advance and exam slots are subject to authorizations from IOS and availability. Applicants wishing to reschedule or cancel an arranged exam appointment are required to provide more than 24 hours notice prior to the appointment time.
Testing Policy Information
On test day, you will need to bring a valid form of identification. Please read through the following requirements to ensure that you supply proper identification. Applicants who arrive without proper identification will be unable to test.
Identification (ID) Requirements
- All IDs required must be issued by the country in which the candidate is testing. If the candidate does not have the qualifying ID issued from the country they are testing in, a passport from their country of citizenship is required.
- The first and last name that the candidate uses to register must match exactly the first and last name on the ID that is presented on test day.
- Candidate is required to present one original (no photo copies), valid (unexpired) form of government issued ID that includes their name, photograph, and signature.
Acceptable forms of ID
- Driver’s License
- Military ID (including spouse & dependents)
- Identification card (national/state/province identity card)
- Alien registration card (green card, permanent resident card, visa)
- Government Issues: local language ID (not in Roman Characters) – accepted only if issued from the country the candidate is testing in.
- Expired forms of ID are not acceptable; unless accompanied by valid renewal papers.
- Any government issued ID missing a visible signature, or that has an embedded signature only, can be supplemented with an original (no photo copies), valid (unexpired) ID that has at least a name and signature.
- Any candidate exceptions to the ID policy must be pre-approved by the Pearson VUE customer service center at least three business days before the scheduled exam appointment.
*If you have any questions about the ID you are required to bring with you to the testing center for admittance for your exam, please contact Pearson VUE customer service.
Testing at Military Bases
Pearson VUE is pleased to offer IO Solutions exams at select military bases around the world. Please click here to view a list of domestic and overseas military installations offering these exams. To schedule your exam, please make your reservation online or contact our Call Center at 888-204-6289.
Installation locations are in alphabetical order by geographic region and state. If you are taking an exam in EMEA, please click Armed Forces, Europe & Other. If you are taking an exam at a facility in the Pacific, please click Armed Forces Pacific.
Test Preparation Information
Applicants who are interested in test preparation and study aids can find information at www.recruitment.iosolutions.com. Online practice exams and test preparation materials are available for purchase.
To see a list of agencies that are currently testing, visit www.recruitment.iosolutions.com. There, you can find agencies testing with IOS, as well as a job listing board.
For all agencies participating in the IOS REACH program visit http://recruitment.iosolutions.com/Online-Job-Applications/REACH-Program/
For questions concerning registration with IOSS for individual exams, please contact the IOS Services Team at:
Email: Info@iosolutions.com, with “REACH Program Inquiry” as the subject.
For questions concerning exam center bookings only, please contact Pearson VUE customer service.