International Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (IJCAHPO®)
Learn more about testing for Essential Services in the U.S. and Canada during COVID-19. See FAQs »
Learn more about Pearson VUE test delivery during COVID-19.
The International Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (IJCAHPO) was established as a not-for-profit organization in 1969 to offer certification and continuing education opportunities to ophthalmic allied health personnel.
IJCAHPO’s mission is to promote global eye health and prevent blindness through training program accreditation, education, and the certification of Allied Ophthalmic Personnel.
Certifications offered by IJCAHPO:
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA®)
- Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT®)
- Certified Ophthalmic Medical Technologist (COMT®)
- Corporate Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (CCOA®)
- Registered Ophthalmic Ultrasound Biometrist (ROUB®)
- Certified Diagnostic Ophthalmic Sonographer (CDOS®)
Sub-Specialty Certification offered by IJCAHPO:
- Ophthalmic Surgical Assistant (OSA®)
Before scheduling an examination appointment:
- You must have completed and submitted to IJCAHPO the certification examination application and included all requested information, documentation and appropriate fees.
- Received examination authorization from IJCAHPO notifying you that you are eligible to for the examination and providing you with your Candidate ID information.
You may schedule your own appointment using the online scheduling tool on this page. Please note that the account creation may take up to 24 hours. You will be notified by e-mail ONLY when your account is activated. This email will identify your user name and password to enter the scheduling system.
After you schedule your examination, Pearson VUE will send you a confirmation e-mail that includes: examination date; examination time; test center address, directions and phone number.
You will be required to agree to the NDA Agreement (331 KB, PDF) that will be presented at the beginning of your examination. Failure to read/accept the agreement within the allotted 5 minutes will result in your examination ending and a forfeit of your examination fees. Please take a moment to review the agreement now so that you are familiar with the information when you sit for your examination.