NACD Directorship Certification™
The NACD Directorship Certification™ is designed first and foremost as a framework for continuous learning. It equips new directors with the baseline knowledge, skills, and abilities they need to contribute to boardroom dialogue on day one. Made for directors, by directors, this credential is defining a new standard for director education in response to the convergence of a fast-moving, dynamic business environment with changing expectations for the role of the board.
Get certified from your home or office
Take your NACD exam conveniently from home through OnVUE online proctoring. A live proctor will monitor you through the webcam on your workstation to provide a secure exam experience.
Watch the short video on the NACD online proctoring page to see how convenient it is to test from home or work. Be sure to run the system test before you sign in to register for an online proctored exam. Good luck!
- Determine Eligibility
- NACD Membership: You must be a current NACD member.
- NACD Foundation Course prerequisite: Prior to taking the certification exam, you must take NACD Director Professionalism®. If applicable, you will be prompted to register for your foundation course through the certification application process. Exceptions exist that allow candidates to bypass the NACD Director Professionalism course and go right to the exam. Learn more »
- Apply for NACD Directorship Certification™
- Apply online
- During the application process, you will be able to select your prerequisite course. If you meet the prerequisite minimum for directorship experience, you will be given the opportunity to bypass the course, and you can proceed right to scheduling your exam.
- Prepare for Exam
- See a few sample questions from the exam, as they appear in the NACD Directorship Certification Study Guide.
Frequently Asked Questions?
For information on eligibility and exam, payments and refunds, and more, visit our FAQs page.