The SCST written examinations are professional body qualifications in ECG interpretation.
Please note that as in most professional qualifications, different examinations apply to different categories or roles of staffing.
The SCST offer the following written examinations:
- Certificate in Electrocardiography
- Foundation Certificate in Essential ECG Interpretation
- Diploma in ECG Interpretation
Each examination consists of Multiple Choice Questions only.
Autumn EXAMINATIONS 2021: 18th November 2021, 8am
Registration: Opens 1st September 2021
Registration: Closes 30th September 2021
Examination Scheduling Information
Pearson VUE Account
First time test takers must create a Pearson VUE web account. There is a “Create account” option available on this page. Please note that account creation may require up to 24 hours. You will be notified by email when your account is activated.
Registering for an Exam
Once you have a Pearson VUE web account you will be able to register for any exams for which you qualify. You will need to choose your exam, exam language, exam test center, date of exam and time of exam. After you schedule your exam, Pearson VUE will send a confirmation email detailing your exam date, your exam time, the address and phone number of the test center and directions to the test center.
Special Needs Request
If you have any special needs that need to be met to enable you to sit the SCST examinations, e.g. additional time or physical adjustments to be made, please complete the steps below before the 1st September 2021. This should ensure there is no delay to booking your examination before the deadline of 30th September 2021.
- Please create an account with Pearson VUE, you will be given a unique ID. Please DO NOT book an examination at this stage.
- Contact SCST via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting your Pearson VUE ID, and setting out your additional requirements. Please attach your supporting evidence to this email.
- SCST will notify you, by email, of the outcome of your request.
Please DO NOT book your examination online if you have any additional requirements as they cannot be added. Once SCST approve your request, SCST will arrange for Pearson Vue to contact you and book the exam.
Approved comfort aids which do not require SCST pre-approval can be viewed here.
SCST syllabus for each exam can be accessed here: https://scst.org.uk/scst-exams/