The American College of Financial Services partners with Pearson Vue to offer examinations for candidates pursuing certification in the financial planning and insurance professions. The College’s designations include Retirement Income Certified Professional® (RICP®), Wealth Management Certified Professional® (WMCP®), Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC®), Chartered Life Underwriter® (CLU®), and several others.
Scheduling Your Exam
You will need to log into your Pearson VUE account to schedule your exam. If you have not created your account, you may do so from this page.
NOTE: Your Pearson VUE login information is independent of the login information you use with The American College of Financial Services.
Preparing For Your Exam
For the greatest chance of success on your final exam:
- Schedule your exam early so that you can plan your studies accordingly.
- Utilize the Online Learning Center located in your American College Student Portal. This resource contains a wide variety of study tools that will help you master your course materials, including audio and video supplements, practice questions, sample exams, and more.
- Be sure to review your course learning objectives. These topics are often tested on the final examination.
On Exam Day
- Make sure to bring one valid form of photo identification such as a driving license or passport.
- You may bring a calculator with you to the testing center.
- More information about ID requirements, use of calculators, and grades can be found here.
- Designation exams typically consist of 100 multiple-choice questions. The WMCP® exam consists of 150 multiple-choice questions.
- You'll learn your exam results at the testing center.
After Your Exam
If you pass your exam, and if you’ve purchased a package of courses, you’ll be automatically enrolled in the next course in your sequence.
If you need to retake an exam that you did not pass or you do not take your exam before your testing window closes, you will need to open a new testing window. Opening a new window requires the purchase of a Retake/Reschedule. Please contact The American College of Financial Services at 888-263-7265 for more details.
Testing windows for self-study programs begin on the day you enroll in your course; you will have the rest of the current month plus the next four months to take your exam. For example, if you enroll in May, you will have May, June, July, August, and September to take your exam. The WMCP® designation is an exception to the above rule. The WMCP® program window begins on the day that you enroll in the WMCP® program, and you will have the rest of the current month plus the next twelve (12) months to complete the course requirements and pass the exam.
About The College
The American College of Financial Services is a nonprofit educational institution with the highest level of academic accreditation, dedicated to the innovative training and development of financial services professionals. Since 1927, The College has assembled faculties comprised of the foremost thought leaders in the profession.
The College has educated one in five financial advisors across the United States and offers graduate-level financial planning education, along with prestigious financial planning designation programs and education leading to the Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) certification.
To see how earning a professional designation will benefit your career, please read the Designation Outcomes Study.
For more information, visit TheAmericanCollege.edu.