Important COVID-related testing information
We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and adjust test center operations as needed. On this page you will find general information regarding health and safety practices, requirements for entry, and any location-specific impacts.
*PLEASE READ BEFORE ARRIVING AT YOUR TEST CENTER*
Face masks are required at any company-owned Pearson Professional Centers (PPCs) in the U.S. and U.S. territories in counties with a “high” COVID-19 community level as defined by the CDC, pursuant to Executive Order 14042.
For face mask and proof-of-vaccination requirements at Pearson VUE-owned test centers in all world regions, refer to the location-specific details below.
Check the requirements for your test center
Health and safety practices
We are taking the following steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 while protecting testing candidates and our staff at our company-owned test centers.
Sanitization and safety measures:
Our sanitizing regimen includes regularly cleaning and disinfecting common areas and workstations, and providing hand sanitizer throughout waiting areas and testing rooms. We also encourage our third-party test centers to implement these precautionary measures.
Policies for testing candidates:
To keep others safe, we ask test-takers to follow guidelines on health and safety best practices as established by the WHO, CDC, or relevant local authorities, including but not limited to COVID-19 exposure, quarantine/isolation, and symptoms.
Face masks and proof of vaccination:
Where required, you must bring and properly wear your own face mask the entire time you are at the test center, including throughout your exam. We are unable to provide face masks to candidates. Additionally, where required by local regulations, testing candidates must show proof of vaccination to enter Pearson VUE test centers.
- In areas where local requirements do not mandate the wearing of masks, they are still recommended in our test centers.
- Regardless of local regulations, some exam programs require masks for all testing candidates. To find out if your program mandates mask-wearing, refer to your program-specific landing page.
Prior to any examination appointment, testing candidates should refer to the location-specific testing information below, where face mask and proof of vaccination requirements can be found.
Candidates who do not comply with these policies may forfeit their ability to take exams. We will not issue refunds to candidates who do not comply.
Location-specific testing information
Most Pearson VUE-owned and operated Pearson Professional Centers (PPCs) are available for exam delivery. Any exceptions and/or unique requirements, including proof of vaccination, are noted in the list below. Please note: If you exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 upon arrival at any test center, you may be asked to reschedule your exam.
Some third-party test centers around the world may be operating at limited or changed capacity based on their own discretion or in response to government mandates. They may also institute additional precautionary measures to protect candidates and employees during this time. We continue to deliver exams to any third-party test centers with the ability to operate.
For information on scheduling/rescheduling exam appointments, please review our FAQ.
Important notices regarding select PPCs in China
- Testing candidates planning to take an exam in the Beijing PPC must show:
- Proof of a negative PCR test result received within the timelines recommended by local authorities. The PCR test certificate may be paper or electronic.
- Testing candidates planning to take an exam in any of the Shanghai PPCs must show:
- Proof of a negative PCR test result received within the previous 72 hours.
Most Pearson VUE-owned and operated Pearson Professional Centers (PPCs) are available for testing in China. We will continue to deliver exams to any independent third-party test centers (PVTC and PVTC Selects) who have the ability to operate within China.
In order to be admitted into the test center, candidates must acknowledge both that they meet certain health requirements and that they will follow health and safety guidelines while testing.
- You must show your health monitor app (updated on the date of the test) before entering the test center (you may have to show this to the building landlord in addition to Pearson VUE).
- You will have your temperature taken with a contactless thermal sensor at your forehead (this may be taken by the building landlord in addition to Pearson VUE). If your temperature is above 37.3 Celsius, you will be asked to reschedule your exam for a different day (free of charge).
- Bring and wear your own face mask in the testing room. The mask will be inspected prior to entering the test room.
- Stay > 1m away from other people in the waiting area and during the admissions process.
- You have not been in close personal contact with someone who recently traveled outside of mainland China within the last 14 days.
*Please note that the test center will log the temperature data and health code of test-takers for two months. However, if 1) you dispute with regard to attendance of the test in two months, 2) you are suspected to be infected or 3) there is a request from authorities, then your health log will be maintained until no longer reasonably required.
Per government regulations, candidates must:
- Use the LeaveHomeSafe mobile application upon entering and after exiting the PPC
- Comply with all relevant requirements under the Vaccine Pass arrangement
- Candidates with a red Vaccine Pass will not be admitted to the PPC
Additionally, the Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority (HKEAA) recommends that before arriving at a test center, candidates should have received a negative result from a rapid antigen test the day of the exam. We do not require proof of the test result, but we expect candidates to comply with the recommendation.
Before you can sit for your exam, you will have your temperature taken with a contactless thermal sensor at your forehead. If your temperature is above 37.5 Celsius, you will be asked to reschedule your exam for a different day (free of charge). Please note that the test center will record your body temperature if it is above 37.5 Celsius and you are asked to reschedule your exam.
Face masks are required (regardless of vaccination status) at any company-owned Pearson Professional Centers (PPCs) in the United States and United States Territories in counties with “high” community levels per CDC guidelines and in compliance with Executive Order 14042. If you are not up to date on COVID-19 vaccines (as provided by the CDC), stay at least 6 feet away from other people. Candidates who do not comply may forfeit their ability to take current and future exams. We will not issue refunds to candidates who do not comply.