Get familiar with the whiteboard before your exam
Access the whiteboard by clicking the whiteboard icon at the top of the screen during your exam.
You can use the whiteboard for scratch work, using tools such as text, shapes, colors, and zoom, as well as multiple formatting features. You will have a practically endless canvas to work on, so there’s no need to erase your work as you move through your exam.
With the online whiteboard, you can:
- Copy/paste exam questions into the whiteboard text box so you can see them while you work
- Draw different shapes and lines as needed
- Pan across the whiteboard, zooming in and out to use different areas to do your work on the same whiteboard screen
- Erase or clear to start something new, but don’t worry: your work will be accessible in every section during your entire exam
- Resize or move the whiteboard around your screen
Opening and closing the whiteboard
During an OnVUE testing session, you can open and close the whiteboard as many times as you wish.
Any work that you enter will remain available, even if the whiteboard is closed. When it’s reopened, you can start where you left off.
Copying information from the whiteboard
The whiteboard will allow copy and pasting to and from the exam.
Please note: the clipboard will be cleared at the start and end of the exam for security reasons.
Whiteboard content loss
If connectivity is lost during the exam, the whiteboard will be wiped clean.
Please note: The whiteboard feature can only be used with your computer’s mouse or trackpad. If you have a touchscreen laptop, you cannot use a stylus, your finger, or other writing apparatus to write on the whiteboard. The whiteboard also cannot be used with a connected writing tablet or pad or dual monitors.
Practice using the online whiteboard