Secure Testing Framework
A framework to secure your content and protect your program
Test security issues are a multi-dimensional problem, which continues to evolve and become more complex as technology advances.
Cheating ... proxy testing ... item harvesting. Because the techniques and technologies to deceive are complex and evolving, Pearson VUE is constantly developing ways to deter, identify and respond to testing misconduct. In order to effectively mitigate the increasing variety of test security threats, Pearson VUE is transforming the way test security is viewed, integrated and managed. At its core, the new Secure Testing Framework™ aligns a program’s security plan with the organization’s business strategies.
Our holistic approach to test security
Applying security processes or technology to disparate parts of the testing process can leave test owners vulnerable to attack by fraudsters. To be most effective, test security should be integrated into every strategic plan and activity related to the exam. Pearson VUE’s holistic approach includes multiple layers of test security to protect test owners from the threats already impacting their programs daily.
The Secure Testing Framework
The Secure Testing Framework allows test owners to identify the best combination of mitigation techniques. Click on sections below to see how Pearson VUE integrates security into the entire testing process.
Strategy and monitoring
- Anticipate threats and find the solutions to thwart them
- Our global security team continuously:
- Monitors testing activity
- Evaluates risks
- Investigates irregularities
- Initiates corrective action
- System and process reviews safeguard test integrity
- Secret shopper and candidate survey programs work to monitor test center compliance
- Optional security services tailored to your program requirements
Mode(s) and channel
- Expert guidance to balance test security and candidate convenience
- Pearson Professional Centers employ the highest level of security
- Enhanced Security Protocols are strictly enforced in all Pearson VUE® Authorized Test Centers worldwide
- Remote proctored administration can monitor test taker behavior in real-time
- Delivery software encrypts, audits and protects your assets
- Proctors are trained Test Administrators and recertify annually
- Real-time incident reports expedite investigation and escalation
Behavior and identity
- Only properly identified test takers sit for your exam
- Proven procedures enforce your authorisation and retake rules
- Enhanced Security Protocols including digital photo and signature capture
- Palm vein technology that rapidly, securely and reliably confirms test-taker identity
- Detect proxy testers and previous violators
- Candidate’s photo printed on score report
A test security strategy must be three dimensional from a test, candidate and delivery perspective. To be effective, test owners must implement the appropriate risk management disciplines and a test security plan that align with their overall business strategy.
Ask a question
We welcome your questions. Use our online form to contact a business development representative in your region of the world.