Q. Where do I go to schedule my exam?
A. Sign in to your HRCI account and navigate to My Exam Applications>Submitted. Then click the “Schedule/Reschedule” button to schedule your exam in the Pearson VUE system. After you’ve selecting the exam from the pre-approved exams list, choose the “home or office” option to schedule an online exam. Follow the remaining prompts to complete the scheduling process. Once you have successfully scheduled your exam appointment, you will be sent a confirmation email that will provide you with your appointment details and important things to know for your exam. Note: online delivery is currently only available to U.S. and Canadian residents for the aPHR®, PHR®, SPHR®, and GPHR® exams.
Q. Is my workspace okay for testing?
A. During the check-in process, you will be asked to take four photos of your work area, which will be checked by a proctor prior to exam launch. Please ensure that your desktop is clean and that you are not within arm’s reach of books, notepads, sticky notes, papers, pens, pencils, and other writing instruments/objects. Additional monitors and computers must be unplugged and turned off. Items on the wall with writing on them, such as whiteboards, will be inspected. If your workspace does not pass a room scan, you will not be permitted to proceed with taking the exam.
Q. What type of identification will I be required to present?
A. You are required to present a current government-issued ID. The name on your ID must match the name in your web account profile and in your appointment confirmation email.
Acceptable forms of identification include: driver’s license, military ID, identification card (national/state/province identity card), or alien registration card (green card, permanent resident, visa).
Minors who are under the age of 18 are permitted to present a valid student ID as a form of identification. A minor’s guardian must also present a valid ID and provide verbal consent during the check-in process.
Q. How do I check in for my test on exam day?
A. You will be able to start the check in process for your exam 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. To begin, log in to your HRCI account and navigate to My Exam Applications>Submitted. Then click the “Schedule/Reschedule” button to be taken to the Pearson VUE system. Once in the Pearson VUE system, select the exam from the pre-approved exams list and click the “Begin Exam” button.
Important: If the “Begin exam” button is not visible, you are either too early or too late for your exam. Please check your appointment details to make sure you’re trying to start at the scheduled time.
- You will be asked to download OnVUE, the online proctoring software, if you haven’t before. Follow the prompts in the application to complete the required check-in steps.
- Have your acceptable identification available so that the proctor can verify your identity.
- Shut down any non‐essential applications such as email, chat, Facebook, and Skype.
- You will be placed in a queue and connected with the next available proctor to begin your exam.
- The check-in process takes approximately 15 minutes for candidates who have previously completed a system test.
- Being late is not an option. To allow time for the check-in procedure, please be ready when the check-in window opens 30 minutes before the exam start time.
Q. What are the exam rules on personal belongings?
- During the exam, you may not access the following types of personal items: mobile phones, headphones or headsets (wired or bluetooth), handheld computers or other electronic devices, pagers, watches, wallets, purses, hats (religious head coverings are allowed), bags, coats, books, notes, or any other materials not specifically approved.
- During the exam session, you are not allowed to use exam-specific materials or scratch paper, erasable whiteboards, or any other physical writing object, such as a pen, marker, or pencil.
- Watches must be removed and placed out of sight/reach during the exam.
- You may have the option to use the whiteboard feature in the OnVUE software while taking the exam online. Read more about this feature.
Q. Can I eat, drink or take a break during the exam?
A. HRCI does not allow breaks for any reason during delivery of any HRCI exam. If you leave your computer during your exam, the proctor will end your session, you will be unable to continue testing and you will forfeit your exam fee. We recommend you use the restroom prior to checking in with the online proctor and initiating your HRCI exam. Water in a clear, unmarked container is allowed during testing; however, eating, smoking, and chewing gum are prohibited.
Q. Are accommodations available for online proctored exams?
A. At this time special accommodations are not offered for online proctored exams. Due to the length of HRCI exams, plus the additional time needed for candidates to check in, review and sign the candidate NDA, access the exam tutorial, and complete the optional end-of-exam survey, special accommodations for extra time would require that candidates be seated, in view of their webcam, with no breaks allowed for several hours at a time. Candidates who need to request extra time or other special accommodations should plan to test at a Pearson VUE test center where unscheduled breaks are allowed.
Q. Where can I get more information if I have additional questions?
A. Please visit the HRCI website for additional information or contact HRCI at email@example.com.