The mission of the National Board of Echocardiography (NBE) is to improve the quality of cardiovascular patient care by developing and administering examinations for physicians leading to certification that recognizes special knowledge and expertise in echocardiography.
The National Board of Echocardiography, Inc. is a Physician, volunteer-led not-for-profit corporation established in 1996 to:
- Develop and administer examinations in the field of Clinical Echocardiography,
- Recognize those physicians who successfully complete either
- Develop a certification process that will publicly recognize those physicians who have completed an approved training program in echocardiography as specified in this application and have additionally passed an examination of special competence in echocardiography administered by the NBE.
For more information about NBE and its programs, visit Certification Explained, Examination FAQ's, and Certification FAQ's.
For more information regarding initial certification and continuous certification, please visit the NBE website.
Before scheduling an examination appointment, you must have completed all the following:
- Completed the NBE online registration process and paid appropriate fee(s);
- Been notified of your confirmation to sit for the examination; and
- Received an Authorization to Test (ATT).
When you receive your Authorization to Test (ATT), carefully review the information to ensure it is accurate. If any of the information is incorrect, or if the information has changed, please contact the NBE at (919) 861-5582 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
First-time test takers must create a Pearson VUE web account. Appointments may be made up to one business day in advance.
Schedule your test appointment online with no fee otherwise for a fee, you can utilize the Pearson VUE Call Center.
After scheduling the exam appointment, Pearson VUE will send an exam appointment confirmation email listing the exam title, registration details, exam date, exam start time, the appointment length, the test center contact information including directions, and the identification (ID) policy (Opens in new window, Adobe Acrobat required to view PDF).
The exam appointment confirmation email shall be received within 24 hours of scheduling the exam appointment.
- If your exam appointment was scheduled online and no confirmation email is received within 24 hours, your exam appointment has not been completed and confirmed. Please verify your appointment at www.pearsonvue.com/nbe or contact Pearson VUE for assistance.
- If you are experiencing any difficulties scheduling an appointment online, please contact the Pearson VUE call center and an agent can assist you.