About Pearson English International Certificate
Pearson English International Certificate online test is an assessment solution of English communication ability for school and work. It measures listening, reading, speaking, and writing proficiency at six levels: A1, Level 1 (A2), Level 2 (B1), Level 3 (B2), Level 4 (C1), and Level 5 (C2), in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Successfully completing this exam will result in a proficiency certificate, helping you access the schools and jobs of your choice. The test is delivered globally, and can be taken at a local Pearson Vue Test Centre or from home with an online, live proctor.
How it works
- If you wish to purchase the test on your own, go to: https://english-testhub.pearson.com/vue-product/findseats and find an appointment that suits you.
- When you are ready to book your test, create an account on Test Hub: English-testhub.pearson.com. You can also take your test with your local language school, so please contact them to purchase.
- Select your proficiency level (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 or C2)
- Select the date and time you wish to take your test
- If you are buying the test on your own, you will be directed to pay for your test using a credit card
- Once payment is processed, you will receive an email confirming your test date and time
Online Proctoring (OP) allows you to sit the test at your convenience at a suitable non test centre location, while being watched by a remote invigilator through your webcam. Watch our video overview of the OP process in English and Spanish to learn about the process and decide if OP is right for you. Note that writing utensils and paper are not allowed during OP exams, but you will have the option to use the inbuilt Online Proctored Whiteboard feature for most of the questions on the exam.
Note: There are some restrictions to which countries OP is allowed. OP is allowed in all geographies, except the following countries: Slovenia, India, China, Saudi Arabia, Japan, and embargoed countries (North Korea, Cuba, Syria, Sudan, and Iran).
If you are uncomfortable with any of the OP requirements, we recommend you schedule an in-person exam at a Pearson VUE Test Centre.
Test Centre delivery
You may be able to use a Pearson Vue Test Centre near you to take the exam. Check for availability of test centres near you: https://english-testhub.pearson.com/vue-product/findseats
Pearson takes the security of our tests very seriously. When you choose to take our test, you agree to keep the content of the test secure. In addition to your signed agreement of confidentiality, Pearson has other security features in place to ensure the test remains secure:
- If you are under 18 years of age, your parent or guardian will be asked to verify their agreement to our security policies. On Test Day, the adult (parent, guardian or another adult) must also show ID with full name, date of birth and a recent photo.
- An ID will be required at check-in that includes your full name, date of birth and must include a recent photo.
- A proctor may stop your test if s/he suspects any cheating or interaction with others during your test
- Various forms of the test will be administered, so you are not likely to see the same questions if you need to repeat the test
- Results are delivered via your password protected account on test hub @ English-testhub.pearson.com
- A paper certificate is issued to you with security features in place to ensure it cannot be copied or altered in any way
Reasonable Accommodations and Access Arrangements
Pearson English International Certificate is a computer-delivered test. This means there are technical limitations to the ways in which we can accommodate the needs of test takers. Pearson is constantly reviewing and expanding the accommodations offered as part of its commitment to inclusion and equal access for all test takers.
- Reasonable Accommodations and Access Arrangements are available for test takers who meet certain eligibility criteria and properly request and receive confirmation from Pearson prior to booking the test.
- Please let us know if you have any special requirements during account creation on Test Hub (English-testhub.pearson.com). Once you have completed your profile, you will be asked to fill out a form with details of your request.
- Your submitted form will be reviewed, and the Customer Support team will contact you to book your test.
- Please submit the form at least six weeks before your chosen test date so that there is time to process your request.
- An accommodation for extra time will only be granted if you provide medical evidence to Pearson in advance of testing and it is deemed reasonable by Pearson personnel.
The Score Report and Your Certificate
- Once your results are available, you will be able to see your score report on your Test Hub account in the My Results tab. Your score report provides insights about your overall performance and at the skill level. Depending on your performance, your score report also provides recommendations to progress towards the next level of proficiency and the possibility of mapping these recommendations to some of our Pearson coursebooks such as Speak Out, Business Partner, Wider World and Gold Experience.
- This digital score report can be easily downloaded and shared as a PDF. In addition to the score report, candidates who pass the test will also receive a printed certificate with watermark delivered by secure post, approximately one week after scores are available. For tests taken as part of a professional training or language course, these will be sent to the relevant school or institution.
- The certificate has no expiration date and certifies your level based on the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
- Questions about your score report or certificate? Contact us at https://pearson.tfaforms.net/2067
- If you’d like to request a rescore or make an enquiry about your score, please see Score Enquiries and Post-Results Services information in Test Hub FAQs
Note that additional fees may apply.