About Shiv Nadar University Scholastic Aptitude Test (SNUSAT) and Academic Proficiency Test (APT) 2020
To be considered for Shiv Nadar University Undergraduate programs, you need to appear for 3 hours standardized assessment consisting of:
1. Shiv Nadar University Scholastic Aptitude Test (SNUSAT) for 2 hours
*The above time excludes the 3 minute NDA & 1 minute for section selection
2. Academic Proficiency Test (APT) for 1 hour
Sections and Duration
|School of Engineering (SoE)
||B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
B.Tech in Civil Engineering
B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
|School of Natural Sciences (SoNS)
||B.Sc. (Research) in Physics
|B.Sc. (Research) in Biotechnology
Maths or Chemistry or Physics
|B.Sc. (Research) in Chemistry
Maths or Biology or Physics
|B.Sc. (Research) in Mathematics
Physics or Critical Writing I
|School of Humanities
& Social Sciences (SoHSS)
|B.Sc. (Research) in Economics
Critical Writing I
|B.A. (Research) in English
B.A. (Research) in History
B.A. (Research) in Sociology
B.A. (Research) in International Relations
|Critical writing I
Critical writing II
|School of Management
& Entrepreneurship (SoME)
|Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)
||Critical writing I
Critical writing II
* Subjects in green are mandatory to attempt for the respective program
** Subjects in blue are to be chosen one from the given options for the respective program
- If the same APT serves all the Programs that you have selected, no additional APT is required. For instance, all Engineering Programs require “Physics+ Maths”. This combination also makes you eligible for B.Sc (R) in Physics and B.Sc. (R) in Mathematics.
- If any of your Program preferences are mapped to a different APT, you are required to take the additional 30 min APT(s). However, there is no need to repeat SNUSAT. For instance, when Program preference 1 is B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering and Program preference 2 is B.Sc. (Research) in Biotechnology, you first need to appear for SNUSAT + APTs “Physics+ Maths”. For B.Sc.(Research) in Biotechnology, you will have to give an additional APT of “ Biology”.
- All the questions except the SNUSAT Essay and Critical Writing in APT will be Multiple Choice Type. There is no negative marking.
- SNUSAT Essay and Critical writing sections will have to be typed on the computer, within the stipulated time.
- “Filling 3 preferences is mandatory”
Note: To understand and be comfortable with the interface used for SNUSAT, please visit the tutorial page: http://www.pearsonvue.com/demo/
Apply to Shiv Nadar University by filling the online application form available here. The application fee is ₹1,900. This fee includes the first attempt at SNUSAT + APT mapped to your Program Preference 1. For every additional APT for the subsequent Program preferences, there will be an additional fee of ₹900.
Shiv Nadar University does not accept registration for SNUSAT + APT from candidates in any other mode or form. SNUSAT & APT will be available from 06 February 2020 for scheduling. Scheduling will be enabled on the 'first-come, first-serve' basis. To ensure that you get your preferred slot, you are advised to register and schedule at the earliest possible. Subject to completion of admission process at the University, SNUSAT + APT may be closed earlier.
Scheduling of SNUSAT and APT(s) must be completed at least 48 hours prior to the desired exam appointment.
You will be able to select the Date, Time and Test Centre based on the availability of seats. However, availability of preferred Test Center or Time cannot be assured as the Test Slots will be scheduled on a ‘first-come, first-serve’ basis. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you upon successful scheduling of the test.
For any queries regarding scheduling, you are required to get in touch with Pearson VUE using the contacts given at pearsonvue.com/snu/contact.
Rescheduling of SNUSAT and APT(s) must be completed at least 72 hours prior to the exam appointment. You are allowed to reschedule exam appointment only up to two times within the authorized exam delivery period.
Retake of SNUSAT or APT will not be allowed under any circumstance.
The exam cannot be canceled but can be rescheduled in accordance with the Reschedule Policy given above. There will be no refund under any circumstance.
You must reach the Test Center 1 hour prior to your scheduled appointment. If you arrive late for your appointment, you may be refused admission. The application fee is non-refundable, non-deferrable and non-transferrable.
You will be required to show the Primary ID (Admit card downloaded from Shiv Nadar University application form interface) and one of the Secondary ID proofs (original, non-expired). You must ensure that the secondary ID proof that you bring for test carries (a) your name exactly as given in the application form and (b) a permanently affixed photograph.
List of the valid ID proofs:
- Primary ID (mandatory)
- Admit card with photo and signature issued by Shiv Nadar University – Self attested
- Secondary ID (Any one is mandatory)
- 12th Board admit card (only if it has photograph)
- Admit cards of the following competitive examinations conducted in the year 2020 (only if it has photograph)
- Aadhar card
- PAN card
- 10th or 12th pass certificates/mark sheets (only if it has photograph)
No personal items are allowed in the Test Center. This includes bags, books, notes, phones, pagers, watches, wallets, calculators, etc. Built-in calculators will be available in the Chemistry sections of the APT exams.
Persons accompanying the Candidate will not be allowed into the test premises, and no waiting area will be provided.