AWS Certification helps learners build credibility and confidence by validating their cloud expertise with an industry-recognized credential and organizations identify skilled professionals to lead cloud initiatives using AWS.
We offer role-based certifications to validate expertise for those in Cloud Practitioner, Architect, Developer, and Operations roles, plus Specialty certifications to validate advanced skills in specific technical areas. View our learning paths to find training to help you build skills and prepare for AWS Certification.
Available AWS Certifications
Two years of comprehensive experience designing, operating, and troubleshooting solutions using AWS Cloud
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional
One year of experience solving problems and implementing solutions using the AWS Cloud
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Associate
- AWS Certified Developer Associate
Six months of fundamental AWS Cloud and industry knowledge
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Technical AWS Cloud experience in the Specialty domain as specified in the exam guide
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty
- AWS Certified Security Specialty
- AWS Certified Machine Learning Specialty
- AWS Certified Advanced Alexa Skill Builder Specialty
- AWS Certified Data Analytics Specialty
- AWS Certified Machine Database Specialty
Frequently asked questions
Q. Which AWS Certification is right for me?
Q. What is the best way for me to prepare for my exam?
A. The best preparation for certification exams is practical experience. We recommend six months to two years of hands-on experience using AWS. We also offer training and materials to help you prepare.
View the AWS Certification Preparation page for recommended training, practice exams, exam guides, whitepapers, sample questions, and other resources.
Q. How do I register for an AWS Certification exam?
A. To register for an exam, sign in to aws.training and click Certification in the top navigation. Next, click AWS Certification Account, followed by Schedule New Exam.
Q. I am a minor. Am I eligible to take an AWS Certification exam?
A. Candidates ages 13-17 are permitted to take AWS Certification exams with the consent of their parent or legal guardian. For more details, please see the AWS Certification FAQ page, under the “About AWS Certification” tab.